I've been busy this week, trying to get ready for a trip I don't want to go on. Pie's company does an owner's retreat every year. Last year everyone went to San Diego. I didn't go because I was hugely pregnant and didn't want to. This year, everyone is going on a Mexican cruise. I have a nursing baby who isn't invited, but I said I would go because, a) I didn't go last year and I don't want people to think I'm a party pooper, and b) because Evan adores Beebe and I can "pump and dump". But I still don't want to go.
I feel very ungrateful whining about having to go on a Mexican cruise. I'm sure I'll have a lovely time.
Except maybe now were not going! And again, I'm feeling guilty about being happy about that. Maybe we're not going because Pie is on bed rest. He would be angry if I blogged about it so I'll not give too much information. It's nothing long-term, don't get worried or anything. The doctor gave him some serious pain medication and antibiotics and said to come back if it doesn't get better. Meanwhile, my hubby is extreeeemely uncomfortable, and I'm glad that we may not be going on a cruise.
I think I'm acting like a spoiled brat.
5 comments:
Wow, you have it rough. Isn't Pie the company owner? Couldn't he arrange to have your baby come? And couldn't the trip be to scenic North Carolina in the Fall?
I wouldn't want to pump & dump either. It's unpleasant and unnatural, and it's bad enough if the baby will get his next day nourishment from it. sigh!
um, I can pretend to be Pie's wife (the wife who sleeps in a seperate room) for you if you'd like. I would love a Mexican cruise!
Can Bryan and I go because you aren't going? I would love to go on vacation without the boys, but I have done the pumping thing and that is definitely not "relaxing."
I hope Pie is feeling better, "sick" husbands are worse than sick kids.
Whining or not, I feel for Pie. Being the sick spouse is the worst of all.
Babies are charged full price, you don't get any extra space and there is nothing for them to do on a cruise. You should leave Evan with me! Wait. You are staying. You should still leave Evan with me! And go do something fun.
Post a Comment