Thursday, September 06, 2007

First Day Fun

Edie had a grand time at preschool today. She got up and got dressed and made her bed all by herself. That's what school kids do, after all. When it was about 5 minutes before it was time to go, she decided that going to school was a special enough occasion that she wanted her hair done. (This is big, remember?) Next thing I know she comes out of the bathroom with wet hair. Not water-wet, hairspray-wet. Gross! We fixed it together and we decided that Mom should do the hairspray at least until kindergarten!

Her daddy risked missing a flight to take her on her first day.

I told her we were goin to take her picture at the best place in the room. This is where she chose.

She's always a little nervous to walk into a crowd, so we were a few minutes early. I wanted her to be the first one there and watch the class grow one kid at a time. I didn't really need to do that, though, because there are only 6 kids in the class!! 6 kids and 2 teachers! There is space for 16 kids so they'll take more students of course. Whenever they turn 3 and get potty trained, that is.

7 comments:

Heather said...

she looks so teeny tiny standing there with her dad!

Glad the day went well!

karin said...

She is the Princess isn't she? She seems so grown up attending school. I hope I feel that was about Adam next year.

Ryan and Katie said...

She is so grown up. Who knew she was old enough to go to school?

Anonymous said...

The first day of school ever is such a big day! I'm glad hers was such a great one. On my first day I was so excited when I walked into Mrs. Wheeler's room and discovered that Elizabeth's desk was next to mine. I had no idea we were in the same class. We were giddy about it. I even think we hugged and maybe jumped a little.

Karen B said...

Dear Ann,

I defaced your child this morning on my blog. Not this one, the one I met.

Love Karen Bell

Unknown said...

I'm still a little hesitant with hair product. I find if I apply greaze before it's dry I tend to put on a bit much and it doesn't dry at all. Kindergarten is high-shootin', in my opinion.

Anonymous said...

She is so cute!

Michelle in Nebraska