Friday, September 14, 2007

Backseat Ramblings

The blondies and I ran an errand to the drug store this morning. It takes about 10 minutes to drive there from our house. Edie talked the whole way there. I added an occasional "Mmmmm" or "Oh, wow!" But the rest of the time was filled with 3 year old ramblings. Here's an example:

...In my Nursery class we talked about animals. There were lions in the lions den. Actually one lion and one tiger. No baby lions. And no zebras, either. The guy said "NO MORE PRAYIN!" The lions were goin to eat that guy. I think we should be lions. Mom, you're the mom lion, I'm the sister lion and Evan's the baby lion. But you have to stop drivin, Mom, 'cause lions can't drive. And I can't eat cantaloupe anymore....

I bought her some purple nail polish at the drug store. Would you like to guess what the topic of her thoughts was on the way home?

7 comments:

karin said...

I am amazed at how much of that you picked up. Adam mumbles (like his daddy) when he is tired and usually when we are in the car, that is the case. Or he justs wants to "sing my song, not you momma, just me" (the Coldplay song "Nobody said it was easy" imagine him snapping his fingers with his eyes closed singing along). Or he asks "are we there yet?" "No, we haven't left the gate yet."

karin said...

Oh, your kids should be getting something from me soon. Nothing spectacular, just something Drew left behind and Box Tops for Dean. But a little something, something for Edie that I have had for MONTHS! (I was going to give it to her in Utah but left it at home).

Anonymous said...

Oh Man do I remember those days! PJ was non-stop talking all the time at volume 10!!

I commented just the other day to Aaron that EL is starting to head down that path....did I mention she will be three in about 4 months?

Unknown said...

I was laughing so hard I was almost crying! Did the cantaloupe line have to do with lions not eating cantaloupe, or was that the intro to a new topic? Wow, she's funny.

shauni said...

What a funny little girl- I laughed so hard about the cantaloupe. Don't kids say the funniest things? My kids are always pretending to be dogs and licking me- I didn't mind at first but after a while it's a little gross.

Anonymous said...

You definitely need to post more of these.

chunkymonkey said...

I love her chit-chatting. It is very clear, but very soft in her little voice.