Monday, July 31, 2006

One baby

I had my ultrasound last week. For those of you who can decipher these kinds of pictures, I've included one. Dean liked the fact that it looks like the baby is sucking his/her thumb. He feels a bond already!

And, no, we didn't find out if we're having a boy or a girl. You'll all have to wait and see, just like us! The only info we were interested in (aside from everything looking normal and healthy) was the number of babies in there. There's one. That's good.

We are open to suggestions for names. (OK, really, we have no ideas. Everything I like, Pie doesn't, and vice versa) We want something familar, but not too common. Your help will be appreciated, even though you won't be financially compensated.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ann, you did elicit an "aaawwww" from me. This is one of the cutest ultrasounds I've seen. Usually it's so hard to tell if its a baby or an alien. This one looks like a baby. Good work, you and Pie made a baby, not an alien. : )

karin said...

I love the thumb sucking too Dean! I will think about the name thing and post another comment after discussing it with me pictures.

Anonymous said...

If it's a girl, how about Lucy? I am only good at girls names. My cousin's went with Macy and Grace for their two girls.

Anonymous said...

Oh, and for a boy. I like the name Jack. I liked it before Phil named her dog Jack Jack. It was my grandfather's nickname.

Unknown said...

Unbelievable. I just wrote the longest best comment ever, chock full of fantastic names for you, and I lost it all.

I like Lucy, too. And Sophia, Megan, Iris, Caleb, Finn. If you want to go Persian with a whitey nickname, I like Saman and call him Sam. I really recommend babynames.com. I go there way too often for a childless chick. I think Fae would be nice because then you have the FF like Freddy but without the Freddy. And it's pretty. And short, which is good with Fardanesh. Finn has the same appeal but for a boy.

I've got millions more where that came from. If you were to give me a gender, it would cut the work in half, hint hint! Just kidding. It's fun you don't know.

And your fetus is pretty.

Unknown said...

Clara. Maybe Charlotte

Anonymous said...

Ooh, I like Finn too. There you have it. Two votes for Lucy and Finn. If only Emily and I were in charge. We, the childless, with endless suggestions for names. Hee Hee.

Tracey said...

Great ultrasound pic! I'm hardly one to offer name suggestions since our 1 of our kids left the birth center without being named:) I second the names already posted, but here are a few more. Boys: Anthony, Jacob, Matthew. Girls: Lynn, Marie, Lily.

Ann said...

Thanks everyone! Wow-- Ask and ye shall receive!

Keep them coming.

Karen B said...

If you don't want something that is too common you can look at the popular names database.
http://www.ssa.gov/OACT/babynames/
It will have them listed by year or you can look up names. I learned that my name was briely popular in the 50's and never before and never again. I wondered why every mom in my neighborhood growing up was named Karen.
Good Luck. I would also like to throw out Fallon. Our receptionist is named Fallon and it seems like a really nice name.

Karen B said...

Also, I like Finn but not Lucy. It just reminds me of Lucy from Charlie Brown and she had a terrible personality.

Unknown said...

Okay, naming after Grandmothers: GGS: Millie, don't forget. And Ruth is nice, short, classic, and there is this adorable 2 year old in our ward with an Aussie daddy and her name is Ruth.

Girl names are a lot more fun than boy names, I think. At least it's easier to come up with "familiar but not common."

Aunt Laura recommends just pulling out some geneology sheets and picking your favorites. That's what she did. Of course, hen Ben & Jackson were babies, Grandpa would introduce them to people as his grandsons, Andrew and Franklin. Yes, he really did - I was there!

Sam and Fam said...

He did! It's ture. Hey, if I ever have a girl she'll be named Allison Ruth Stewart. And the chances are what? NOT LIKELY!! (i never say never)(it brings a bad omen) I'll bet Pie has some cool names on his ancestral charts!! Congrats you guys!

Unknown said...

Oh, and Cy! After G.N. I love the name, but Cy Righter is just too sing-songy for words. Cy Fardanesh sounds awesome.

Unknown said...

How about Ada or Amy? And Ada is pronounced more Ay-da than Aa-da. I didn't know.