Thursday, June 28, 2007

Beach Boys (and Girl)

We're back from our week in Southern California!

On Thursday we went to Corona Del Mar, the beach of my childhood, with my mom, Karin and her boys. What fun! I understand now why my mom only took us to this beach growing up. It's small, with relatively few beach-goers, and it's in a little bay so the waves are mellow. I only had 2 little moments of panic. I lost sight of Edie for about 20 seconds and Drew went a bit too far out at one point and I pictured myself swimming out to get him fully clothed. Both situations turned out fine.

Other highlights of the day:
*Evan ate a lot of sand.
*Dean and Drew helped a new friend build seats into the side of a giant hole.
*Edie and Adam chased waves together. So cute. At one point the wave caught them and started to carry their little selves away, but a man nearby picked them up and set them on their feet again.
*Austi refused to stay where we could see him. The little stinker first wanted to play with the seagulls and then with the lifeguards. Good thing he's so dang cute!
*Drew learned to boogie board.

Here are a few of the bazillion pictures I took that day:











And because some of my readership have requested more pictures of the grown-ups:





Drew Boogie Boards:

I have a video clip of Drew wiping out, but I think he'd appreciate it if I kept that one off the blog. (If you want the url for it, let me know!)

Karin has more pictures over here.

Tomorrow, or sometime soon, I'll post more about the rest of our trip.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amber has the same sunglasses! Looks like you had fun. I miss being close to a beach.
Michelle in Nebraska

Anonymous said...

Looks like a LOT of fun. Thank you for the adult pictures, it is nice to see both of your pretty faces!

We are going to the beach this weekend and I am a little nerrvous about the water and all.

I still remember when you and I got stuck WAY out there and we had to swim back. You were the brave one and I was the freaked out one. In fact, I think I held onto your foot the whole way back to shore (I was such a geek and you were such a good friend).

Unknown said...

Great highlights, great pictures, great movie! And I do want that url. Drew looks so good at boogie boarding I just can't believe he ever wiped out. :)

Ann said...

Drew said I could show you the wipe out. Apparently, it was fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFtjOQbLdo8

karin said...

That is a horrible photo of me- but whatever it takes to please the masses.
That was a fun time even though I got a little too much sun and my little guy was EVERYWHERE!

I am going to try to get unpacked, laundry done and repacked so I can meet Heather at the beach tomorrow. Wish me luck.