Wednesday, July 04, 2007

The Oldest is Even Older Now

The first milestone birthday has come. Drew turned 8 yesterday. He's excited about it for many reasons. First, of course, he gets to be baptized. July 21 at 4:00, you're all invited. I don't have any more beds available, but lots of floor space. Let me know if you're coming!

Second, (although this might be first in Drew's mind, I don't really want to ask) he gets to join Cub Scouts. He's been wanting to go to scouts since I became a den leader a year and a half ago. I hope it meets his expectations, especially since our Wolf Den leader just moved away and we don't have a replacement yet.

Third, Drew is so looking forward to his 8-year-old trip to Grandma and Grandpa Stewart's house in a few weeks. Dean is also excited about it because then he gets to be the oldest kid at home and that has some appeal to him.

Drew's gifts were his scout uniform and scriptures. I think I'll save my rant about the cost of scout stuff for another post. It's crazy.


Drew didn't want a party this year (YAY!) and chose instead to invite a friend to go to Sun Splash with us. We had a fun day on the waterslides and then came home for dinner and cake and ice cream. Fun, fun day.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

1. Drew looks SO sophisticated in his glasses. I keep forgetting.
2. I know about the Scouting Expenses. Scout master outfits are also quite expensive. But so darn cute!

Anonymous said...

Well you know how I feel about July 3rd. It's a great day, especially in 1999. Happy Birthday Drew!!! Eight is a great year indeed!

Anonymous said...

PS - I posted a bunch of Albany and Athens pics and stories just before the framing post. I don't think anyone noticed but Phil. You should go peek because your Carriage Hill apartment is in it.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to the big boy! How exciting! 8, WOW. It seems like no more than a few years ago I was visiting you in Boston to see the little guy. I remember that particular week he was big into hiccups!

My how time flys. We are officially old now Ann.

Jill said...

Yeah, Drew!

We have a twin bed and a couple of bedrooms for anyone needing it for Drew's baptism...

Sam and Fam said...

Don't eeven get me started on the cub scout thing! Is all I can say, is that you've just stared. It get's worse. But, more fun too. Meaning boy scouts and the camp outs etc.

karin said...

Drew is OLD! I don't know if I am coming to the baptism yet- I'll let you know.

"Jill" is really Beebe (I know it is confusing).

StepH said...

Yay, finally 8! I hope I get to see him in a few weeks when he comes :) doesn't him being old make U feel old ? jkjk :)