Monday, July 30, 2007

8 Things for Emily

Emily tagged me to make a list of 8 things about myself.
Here goes:

1. I always mistype "myself". I type "myslef" instead.

2. Today I didn't get out of bed until 8:45am. Well, for the last time. I actually got up all. night. long. Evan is not my favorite person today. We'll just leave it at that.

3. I really enjoy Primary. It's way more fun than Relief Society.

4. I do not like snakes. If I went to Hogwarts and was sorted into Slytherin House, I would drop out of school.

5. I always have a hidden stash of Peanut M&Ms and/or mini Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. I like treats and Pie doesn't want to know if there are any in the house. If he happens upon my stash, he eats it all and then I have to find a new hiding place. I think I've got a good one this time.

6. I'm a Taurus, zodiacally-speaking.

7. I have no idea how much money is in my checking account right now. For the first 9 years of marriage, I was the money manager of the family. I did a pretty good job, but it drove Pie nuts not to know exactly how much was left, so he took over about a year ago. I'm not interested in details. He'll tell me when it runs out.

8. I used to be smart, but not anymore. Maybe someday I will be again. Until then, I'm used to the little bit of static that always seems to be in my brain.

5 comments:

karin said...

You are FUNNY! I really enjoyed your list.

Am I mean for making your oldest lie down for a rest? He was up until almost midnight but woke up at 9:40AM.

chunkymonkey said...

Ann, you are smart! But I know what you mean about the haze. I think that your extra brain bandwidth is powering the Mommy Radar that lets you be aware of what a room full of active and covert children are really up to, kind of like the Secret Service when they are looking out at a crowd, you just didn't get top secret training for yours. Can you tell I've been trying to catch up on 24?

Anonymous said...

I have a secret stash of very expensive chocolate. It's empty at the moment, but I don't eat my chocolate as fast as Scott.

Anonymous said...

Oh, my! I have to hide chocolate from Aaron too. Inside the crock pot is always a good one, there is no reason for him EVER to look in there.

As for the smart bit...the quick ability to learn and retain things never goes away- you are still smart...you've just started applying your talents in different realms than the periodic table.

Unknown said...

I'm laughing, and I'm on a teleconference right now! Thanks goodness for the mute button. I think my favorite is the slytherin comment.