Monday, September 04, 2006

It's Dilly Time!

Every now and then, we have our FHE in the car, on the way to the local Dairy Queen. Pie calls it "Dilly Time" because they used to just get Dilly bars. They have now branched out to sundaes and chocolate dipped cones. Edie is the only one who still gets a Dilly.

The kids love these FHEs, and the parents do too. The lesson has to be short enough to fit into the 5-10 minute ride to DQ, and the activity and treat are all-in-one. The only drawback: cleaning up Edie after it's all over.
She is currently in the bath tub, getting soaped up by her daddy. I'm in charge of the car seat. :(

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

If only my parents had done FHE this way with us. Emily used to call it 'Heaving Leaving'.

So which was grosser to clean, the kid or the seat?

Karen B said...

We did have a FHE that involved blindfolds and taste tests once. I think the lesson had something to do with faith...or maybe it was one of those science experiments where you smell something and then you taste it. I think your way is much more fun.

Unknown said...

Fun! Mom & Dad used to occaisionally do Thrifty's Ice Cream, and there was that tree of life lesson with the lifesavers being the fruit hanging on the big house plant.

karin said...

I am glad you cleaned the car seat, why does the mom get the nastiest job? I had to clean Austi's car seat when he was sick.

Heather said...

Fun & yelck all in one. We had fun cleaning Eloise off yesterday after ice-cream, strawberries and whipped cream.

Personally I prefer the carseat- car seats don't wiggle and scream when you try to clean them off! :)