After Pie experienced removing the popcorn ceiling downstairs, he swore he would never do it again. That we would save our precious pennies and pay someone to do it for us. (Plus, the 15 foot ceilings in the living room are scary to him.) So the time has come, and Tuesday we packed up and moved everyone down to the guest room/Pie's office so our bedrooms and living room could get destroyed. At least that is what it looks like now.


But the removal is done, so the musty smell of wet popcorn ceiling stuff will soon be replaced by the smell of fresh ceiling paint. The guy promised that Edie will be back in her crib by tonight. YAY! Hopefully 2 nights of freedom haven't turned her off of her bed completely. I'm not ready to transistion her to a Big Girl Bed just yet.The next big project at our house: knocking down that "lovely" fireplace.
5 comments:
Will you be replacing the fireplace? because I know from this blog how much Edie enjoys it! And do you have plans to furnish your living room?
And thanks a million for the package - see my blog for details.
Wow! That's a lot of work. I guess it's good you got rid of that couch to make room for everyone downstairs.
I feel for you, it seems like home ownership brings one project after another. Our next project will probably be flooring. Our living room rug stains are starting to match the continents. We are going to try to install hardwoods ourselves, so wish us luck. I'll be sure to post photos when we get the cash to do the project.
Keep us all updated on the progress and I will plan our visit after ya'll are settled back into the upstairs. Very convenient that you have stairs that lead to your kitchen (which is NOT under construction). I can't wait to see the finished product.
Em- yes, the actual fireplace will stay, it's just the 70s river rock that is coming down. To be replaced by... (we haven't quite decided. Something more modern, and not all the way to the ceiling) We don't have to choose yet, though. It waits until we save more $$. As does the furniture.
Ali-we want hardwood, too! Maybe you can learn how to do it, and then come and help us? (I'm only slightly kidding!)
Karin-Come as soon as you can! We'll be back to normal in the next couple of days- come on Sunday!
We have the popcorn ceilings too, we however are all for living with it, we are not up for the mess of doing it ourselves and are too poor to higher it out. But, we hope to move in a year so, let someone else deal with it!
Seriously though...even under the tarps your bedroom looks so grown-up and put together. I am so jealouse!
Post a Comment