Yesterday we went to the
Nut Tree in Vacaville without knowing they had a New Year's Eve celebration planned. It was so cute! They had a kids' band there and they handed out noise makers and poppers and counted down to 12:00 (noon!) and they had the kids jump on bubble wrap to sound like firecrackers. We really need to remember this and see if they have another one next year. We'll definently go again.

Evan didn't really appreciate all the celebrating. The news cameras turned to catch the cute kid crying, and I searched, but I guess it didn't make the news. Too bad!

What we really went there for was the little theme park they have. Here's Dean and Edie on the airplanes,

Beebe and Gracie-Gracie-Goo-Goo on the hobby horses,

and Drew and Dean on the roller coaster.

Edie was super excited to go on the roller coaster too. Here she is before the ride starts:

"Smile, Edie!"

She's more than a little nervous!

I showed her these pictures after she had recovered and she said, "I wasn't really scared, Mom. I was just pretending." Mmmmm, hmmm.
Drew couldn't figure out how to get his bumper car to move until the very end of the ride.

The carousel was a big hit with the Under 5 Crowd.

And everyone loved the train, but especially Con.

Drew and Dean wanted to play a whole game of chess, but it was pretty cold so they just posed for a picture and made me promise they could play next time.

Who wants to join us next year?
6 comments:
What fun! John was actually up in Sacramento today visiting a college buddy. It would be fun to join in next year.
That was such fun! Thanks for letting us crash your party.
I used to go to the Nut Tree all the time as a kid. My Mom's family lives in Winters which is not too far! I didn't know they did that there though-how fun! I'm glad you guys had so much fun! The picture of Edie on the ride is too funny! Happy New Year!
I love the idea of celebrating at 12noon! What a treat and it looks like you guys had a great time!
The picture of Edie where you can only see your smile, is a total Ann face. Looks like a great time.
We talked about going to the Discovery Science Center because they have a Noon Year's Eve too, but we went to our parents' house so I had to be ready to go instead of having fun at noon.
I want to come next year! At least Edie followed through. I wouldn't have made it within 50 meters until I was at least 18
Post a Comment