Thursday, January 31, 2008

Ice Cream, Popsicles and Jello, Oh My!

Drew had his tonsils and adenoids out yesterday. Or as O.R. Karin says, a T&A. Everything went well, he was a great little patient and after a tough first day, recovery is now going very well. He is out of school this week and next, but is filling his days with Wii, DVDs and a little reading.

Before: (check out the size of those tonsils! the Dr. said his adenoids were even more impressive!)


During:


After:


Everyone is enjoying the popsicles!

7 comments:

karin said...

I am glad everything went well and that everyone is benefiting from the surgery. I LOVE the "during" photo. Too bad you don't live closer, we could hang out on the couch all day together.

karin said...

Oh, those tonsils are IMPRESSIVE!

Anonymous said...

Tell Drew I am proud of him for surviving his surgery so well. And I do hope you plan on saving that picture of Evan for his future girlfriends and wife.

Anonymous said...

PS - Isn't it nice that O.R. Karin did not discuss the alternate meanings of T&A.

Karen B said...

I really thought poor Evan was having his tonsils out in the bathtub. I don't wear my glasses enough. I thought he was covered in blood. But if it's a fudgecicle, I totally want one.

Unknown said...

Good work, Drew! And I love that Evan picture.

Anonymous said...

scary scary from a mothers perspective, but I am SO glad everything went well. Wow, out of school for 2 weeks...I had no idea the recovery would be that long?!