Monday, August 21, 2006

The lazy days of summer are almost gone

One more day of summer for us. Drew and Dean go back to school on Wednesday. We are all quite excited about it. Last night, they were literally running circles in the living room; Drew chanting "2nd grade! 2nd grade!" at the same time Dean was chanting "Kindergarten! Kindergarten!" They have plans with Katie to hang out at the park for their last free day tomorrow. We've been there a lot this summer. We'll miss it.



Incidentally, Pie's summer days ended yesterday. Today was his first day teaching early morning seminary! He has a class of juniors and seniors, and says the first day went well. This is his first experience with seminary as he wasn't baptized until he was 22, but the 6:30 start time doesn't really bother him. He's a morning guy anyway.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My last day of summer was Sunday, not that it mattered since I took classes May-July anyhow. I could use another week of vacation. I guess I should run around yelling 'gratuate school, graduate school'. Emily would probably call me a fool though.

karin said...

We love the chanting and early morning seminary is perfect for Pie. I told Adam about the slumber party and he is really excited.

stewartsoccer said...

i like the siminary thing because everyone should have that chance of getting up at that early in the moning to go to church. the good thing for pie is that he does't have to run offf to school.