Wednesday, April 11, 2007

A little light reading for Emily

Ali has encouraged all of us, in the spirit of Spring, to provide Emily with a love story to read while waiting for Jr. to arrive. Please remember that my memory is not the best. But here you go: How Pie and I Met.

My first day at UC Davis was a Sunday and I attended the student ward with my mom. Pie says he saw me that day and asked his friend about me. She encouraged him to find someone else because I was only 18 (he was almost 23). The next weekend was General Conference and everyone was gathering at this same friend's apartment to watch it together. I talked myself into going, usually I don't enjoy hanging out with people I don't really know. Pie was there, too. Later that night he called me up and asked me to go to a fireside with him. We spent lots of time together after that. A couple months later, I knew he was the one I was going to marry, and I was a little upset about it. After all, I hadn't even applied to BYU because I didn't want to get married young. It took a while for me to re-write my life plan in my head. Two years later, we were married in the San Diego Temple. Almost 10 years and 4 kids after that, we're still full of married bliss!

3 comments:

karin said...

Aahh. I didn't know that he checked you out on your first day, that is great.

Are you all ready to go tomorrow? We are leaving in a couple of hours and I still have jeans for Adam in the washer, arghh.

Anonymous said...

I remember when you started dating Pie and came to visit Beebe while I was her roommate. We predicted you were going to marry him then, so we weren't surprised when you told us. Cause you was in love!

Unknown said...

Awww, thanks. Great story!