Thursday, February 22, 2007

Note to Self: You Really Do Love Your Kids

I was up a lot last night with my kids. I went to bed at my usual early hour: 9:45. I got up at 10:30, 11:30, 12:30, 1:30, 2:00, 5:30 and then 6:30. One of those was legitamate: Evan still eats once during the night. And if a kid is sick, I can muster up enough patience to be kind and help them feel better. But nobody is sick! Apparently, they just missed me in the middle of the night and needed to see me and whine at me.

I don't do well on little sleep, so I turned on the computer this morning to find cute pictures of my kids to remind myself that I really do love them and try to remember why I had so many in the first place. Here are a couple that I found that I haven't posted yet:
Evan waiting for his turn in the shower. Remember how Evan hates baths? We found a way to keep him clean without torturing him. He gets a shower with his Daddy a few times a week and loves it!
OK- they are cute. At least the little guy is. I can last until nap time.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

If it makes you feel any better, I was up with you. Just not with kids... insomnia strikes again. I went to bed at 10PM and fell asleep around 4:30AM. Scott has a gross cold again, so he was snoring and blowing his nose half the night. Bleck! I hope nap time is bliss for you.

Anonymous said...

PS - Evan waiting for his turn in the shower is wicked cute!

Unknown said...

Aww, those are cute pictures. I hate to brag, but I almost slept through the night - I only had to get up once to go to the bathroom. Sorry for your pain, though

Anonymous said...

aww, poor Ann. I don't envy you a bit! Well, ok I envy that you can be in bed at 9:45 every night. I'm lucky if I'm in bed by 11pm.

maybe each child needs a sippy cup of water, a flashlight and a picture of you hugging them - all to take to bed with them everynight! Then, when they need you they can pull out their picture and look at it with their flashlight! :)

karin said...

I am sorry, but hey you could be getting up in the night to do loads of laundry because of a sick child. I just stay up really late (after 2am) because while trying to do my laundry yesterday, I had to do multiple loads due to my sick child. Send the kids here, we only wake up to sick kids :)

karin said...

I LOVE the before shower photo, it reminds me of my boys (we have that bouncer) and a hoody towel. Thanks for posting pictures of your CUTE boy!

shauni said...

I do feel bad for you, It is so hard to function on little sleep. I only have 2 kids and when they both have a bad night on the same night it is awful- I can't imagine having four. You are a super woman! Good thing they are so cute.