I'm not too overwhelmed by the calling, as I've been in a Primary presidency before. But my fellow counselor is pretty nervous. She's new to Primary and is in charge of the quarterly activities and would really love some ideas to get started on. What Primary activities do you remember from when you were little? Have you done any great ones as an adult? Heather, I know you were in Primary recently, any ideas? Mom, will you send me details on the service one that Karen R. just did? Thanks in advance for all the great ideas that I know will soon come pouring in.
Wednesday, February 28, 2007
Captian Underpants
Drew brought a Captian Underpants book home from the school library yesterday. It's a very silly book that, as you might be able to tell from the title, is very appealing to 5- and 7-year-old boys. They played "Captian Underpants" for the rest of the afternoon. Edie caught on pretty quickly and was the only one to get into costume:
On a totally different subject, I got a new calling! I'm now the 2nd counselor in Primary, so I'll still be involved in scouts, but not on a weekly basis. That will be nice. Every week out with a baby that refuses to take a bottle is a bit inconvienent.
I'm not too overwhelmed by the calling, as I've been in a Primary presidency before. But my fellow counselor is pretty nervous. She's new to Primary and is in charge of the quarterly activities and would really love some ideas to get started on. What Primary activities do you remember from when you were little? Have you done any great ones as an adult? Heather, I know you were in Primary recently, any ideas? Mom, will you send me details on the service one that Karen R. just did? Thanks in advance for all the great ideas that I know will soon come pouring in.
I'm not too overwhelmed by the calling, as I've been in a Primary presidency before. But my fellow counselor is pretty nervous. She's new to Primary and is in charge of the quarterly activities and would really love some ideas to get started on. What Primary activities do you remember from when you were little? Have you done any great ones as an adult? Heather, I know you were in Primary recently, any ideas? Mom, will you send me details on the service one that Karen R. just did? Thanks in advance for all the great ideas that I know will soon come pouring in.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
I stink at Primary ideas, although once my mom brought in live baby chickens when she was primary president. I don't remember why though.
Also, I own Captain Underpants and I am glad to see that Edie is willing to participate at that level. I totally would've at her age.
In Texas, the kids had a fun water activity in the parking lot. They had a whole bunch of different water games set up and the kids rotated thru the different "water stations" with a popsicle for a treat. My kids loved it! Here the primary is really good at doing fun yet spiritual activities. The last activity was heros of the old testament. They did skits and game based on different "heros" of the old testament. Really Fun! Good luck and congratulations.
Michelle in Nebraska
I LOVE Edie as Capt Underpants! Can you send her to me?
Primary activites? The service one that 2nd ward just did was a huge success (according to what they tell the kids in Primary). They cleaned the building and heart-attacked the bishop's office door, which he teared up about when he thanked the kids on Sunday. In Texas, they planned it around the holiday, Pioneer Day they did pioneer activites, Easter they had a fun "lesson" on the Resurrection and then an egg hunt (stuff like that).
well, let's see. We have a water/obstacle course one every summer in the parking lot.
We also did one last year about BOM prophets. We divided all the kids into 4 groups. We had 4 mini-classes/activities planned that related to particular themes/people we thought would help our kids. One example was: The story of Ammon and the sheep, we had a ward member give a "lesson" about the story and how it could relate to the kids, then we let the kids make their own sheep out of marshmallows. Email me if you want the whole scoop.
Good luck in primary, I'm sure you'll do great!
Good luck, I'm sure you'll be great in Primary. Our ward just did a talent show that was really fun. Kids did everything from sing to snap their fingers. They also encouraged class and teacher participation. By the way, I love the Captain underpants look.
I love the 7 cousins picture! Thanks so much for sending it. I really enjoy seeing the cute pictures and reading about each of you on the blogs. I feel in touch with each one. We are home from the winter retreat and will be on the computer everyday. By the way, Thanks for the new computer everyone. What a great gift! Grandpa says he is going to check out the tractor sites too. We'll both really enjoy it. We do have a blog site however no pictures yet. I'll try to learn how to put them on. You can send us messages to PapaCyandNannie.blogspot.com or cyandcarol@gmail.com. We watch all the blogs & will write on a different one each time but these messages are for all of you. Love from grandpa & grandma
Edie is the funniest kid I ever heard of! You should show everyone pictures of her ideas of "matching," Ann.
I was going to mention the water activity with the popsicles as treats one. Don't you remember, pretty much the only time they let us on the lawn that faced Waterman?
The talent show Shauni was talking about sounds awesome. I just love a kid that can snap. So many talents out there that we just don't think of showcasing enough, in my opinion.
If you do the H2o activity, please include the H2o guns and the Alka Seltzer tablets. It's good fun. It's a spin off laser tag, but, with water and tablets that fizz. The good part is, the younger kids get hit and just stand and stare at the fizz. Ha, to funny. A couple years ago at an activity, the Pres gave each one a goofy teeth thing and we took a picture and we still have it up in the Bishop's office. The kids LOVE it when they go in for interview's for baptism and then later for priesthood advancement or b-day's. Good luck! Remeber anything with donuts and choco milk is good!
I talked to Mom today and she told me how hard she laughed when she saw this post. Since she never comments, I thought I would on her behalf.
I talked to Mom today and she told me how hard she laughed when she saw this post. Since she never comments, I thought I would on her behalf.
Post a Comment