Thursday, January 18, 2007

BOO HOO!

WAAAH!

NNNNOOOOOOOOOO!

If I were a toddler, I'd be throwing a tantrum right about now.

Katie is moving out! Well, I guess she already has moved out. I should never have let her go home for Christmas. I should have tied her up and locked her in her room and let her out only to babysit for me. But no. Katie went to Berdo for the holidays, expecting to come back a week later. Or so we thought. She decided to stay for New Years. And then a Disneyland trip was being planned for later in the week, and she couldn't miss that. And then it was the weekend again, and weekends at the Stewart house are so fun, she had to stay just a few more days. I kept hearing from people who I had previously thought were trustworthy, "We'll send her back to you soon."

It just didn't happen. There are fun people in San Bernardino. Not just Stewarts apparently. Katie is totally comfortable in the student ward there and has lots of friends. Should I mention the one specific friend that she has singled out, or should I let her do that? Oh, wait, Karin already did. The only thing I have to offer her are my four cute kids. The 3 nephews down south have pretty much cancelled them out, so that leaves me with nothing with which to bribe her to stay.

Katie and Jill came for a couple days this week to pack up Kate's stuff. They just left a few hours ago. It's a good thing most family members within a 600 mile radius (including Katie!) are coming in 2 weeks for Evan's blessing. It makes the good-bye bearable.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry bout your luck Ann. I'm sure this means that Emily will start devising new plans to trick Katie into moving to NC (our singles wards are fab here too). And we are also wicked FUN!

Anonymous said...

nooo. I am sad with you, what a crush. maybe you can bribe Jill up???

karin said...

Ha Ha Sucker! We "thought" she was coming back, but 3 cute boys are the real reason she is staying in Berdo.

(Really I have qeustioned her moving back to the south. honestly why?)

Unknown said...

Katie is a jerk for smiling in those pictures and for moving home for A BOY! Didn't she see how sad Edie looked in that last picture?

And Karin, you can say south, but you can't say The South, because that's reserved for those of us who fought in the War Between the States.

Ann said...

Just to clear things up, the boy isn't the official reason Katie moved home, it was ALL the boys (OK girls too). According to Jill, KT is a *social butterfly* in the Northpark ward. The poor Roseville 8th wars didn't stand a chance!

chunkymonkey said...

Let me second what Ann just said. We thought Jill was a social bug, but the whole time Katie was here "vacationing" SHE was dragging Jill off to Institute this and YSA that; let's go to Riverside; let's go to Redlands.... She was exhausting Jill! I'm glad she's staying for me, sad for Ann. I guess we'll just have to come and visit so you won't be lonely.