Today started out fun for Drew with some long-time buddies over for a couple hours this morning. He was released from his daily manual labor session and played boy stuff instead. Drew and Adam have known each other since they were 2 and the only talkers in Nursery. Today they built a giant fort in the backyard and then cleaned it up when I asked them to! What?? If this is what 10 is like, I'll take it!
After Adam and his brothers went home, Drew and Pie took off to a new golf course, only to find out all the tee times were gone due to a holiday of some sort this weekend. They went bowling instead and Drew came home reporting a strike!
Drew wanted his birthday dinner at Lucille's for some ribs. I love how big the ribs are compared to Drew. He still is a little boy, isn't he?
Edie was a crack-up, as always.
Evan was a stinker most of the meal, but when the hot washcloths came to clean all the sauce away, he calmed right down.
Part 2 of Drew's birthday comes on Sunday, with a special dinner for Drew and Katherine with all the NorCal Cousins, and Part 3 comes in a couple of weeks (after his stitches are removed from some minor oral surgery happening Tues) when we go to Six Flags with a friend.
Three celebrations for one birthday? Not bad!
4 comments:
Seems like Drew needs to have his birthdays here, Bryan has been asking about smoking ribs for a while now. Looks like a great birthday. LOVE the photos. I miss you all already, when are you coming again? Oh, Legoland on Monday and a beach trip sometime soon too.
Yeah 10 was wonderful for us too. I've since learned that it must have been the calm before the storm! Be careful but enjoy it while you can, "almost 12" is just around the corner and let me just tell you how much "fun" that has been!! Almost 12 I thought would be great going into young mens and watching my baby pass the sacrament....not so much, almost 12 just simply means ALMOST A TEENAGER!!!!!!! ARG!!!! =)
Drew is one lucky guy though, having 3 celebration for 1 birthday! I'm a certainly jealous!
Happy birthday to Drew, and Evan should always fly first class.
Yum. Lucilles. Leftovers for dinner might have to wait until tomorrow. Because I think we have a coupon somewhere....
And I am so glad Drewbie is 10--and I'd like to borrow him for babysitting (while I am here, of course) to finish a few projects. Let me know if he's interested.
Post a Comment