I realize it's been a while. Let me catch you up on the goings-on of the Fardanesh Family:
The Pinewood Derby:

It became clear early in the building process that this car was not going to be a speed demon. No, we don't blame Uncle Tyler for cutting off the axle slots, he was just trying to help. And the fact that the new ones he cut were not precisely straight or even with each other only proves he's human. (I'm glad Uncle Tyler has a good sense of humor!) Anyway. Knowing he wouldn't win the races with crooked wheels, Drew was determined to create the coolest looking car and win that catagory. He made his car into a skateboard, complete with grip tape and an Element sticker and cool silver accents. He was very proud of it, and in fact, he did win "Coolest Looking Car"!
First Piano Recital:

Drew and Dean had their first piano recital! They had been practicing their assigned pieces for months (and, please don't tell them, but I'm
so sick of those songs!) and were able to play them without their sheet music. If you ask them, though, the best part of the evening was the Rice Krispie Treats at the end.
Super Dad:

I now have no excuse to put off yard work. Pie has proven that one can successfully get rid of weeds with Crazy Evan around.
Toothless Wonder:

Dean has finally lost that second front tooth that I was hoping would fall out
before Christmas. He's as cute as ever!
3 comments:
love the skateboard car! we saw some interesting cars this year at our derby, but no skate boards! way to go Drew!
I will have to have Uncle Tyler help with our cars when we get to that. Pie is super, I couldn't have a wiggly 2yo on my shoulders, let alone run a weed-whacker at the same time.
First, it's good to know Uncle Tyler is human. That guy is so perfect in every other way; it was intimidating.
Second, I still have memorized my best recital piece. They're not going to stop playing it now that it's over. I am so sorry to be the bearer of bad news here.
Post a Comment