Saturday, August 23, 2008

Go World!

We are loving the Olympics! Every night the kids look forward to watching them. They take baths without protest because the reward is more Olympic minutes. Dean is contemplating taking up diving, his reasoning being he can already flip into the pool. "Too bad it's in the deep end," he said.

Edie loved the opening ceremonies. She ran and put on a costume and participated in front of the TV. Here are photos. The first is a self-portrait that I think is adorable. I had a video of her crazy dance moves, but it just didn't capture the funny, so pictures will have to do.



Drew likes the track and field, I think because he thinks he can run that fast. I remember feeling like that, too. Watching Mary Lou Retton in 1984 I could totally picture myself doing all those flips. Now I just find all of it amazing.

5 comments:

karin said...

I am laughing so loud and hard that I am crying. Thank you kids for entertaining me (and Emily, I made her check your blog).

Unknown said...

Karin had me look at this post to make all my troubles go away. This is awesome.

Heather said...

that girl has personality- no doubt about it! I remember watching the Olympics when I was 4, I was mesmerized by the gymnastics. I climbed up on the kitchen table to do my own routine...then I broke my ankle.

Anonymous said...

All I have to say is that I think Miss Edie gets her pantyhose-on-her-head-wearing from her mother.

chunkymonkey said...

I am so glad you got a shot of the white tights! And I don't think she had the ones on her head when we were there. That girl! And Dean could totally do it. And Drew, too! And I love that ya'll were "participating," tonight too, and let Con be a part of the Games. He loves the "Lalympics" but we haven't let him watch hardly any. He thought it was the best with you guys! Thanks!