We're getting back into the swing of normal life around here. Grandpa Fardanesh is traveling home as I type this and my laundry pile is again back down to a managable size.
Portland was fun, but we didn't stay long enough! We took 2 days to drive there, stayed for 1.5 days and then drove home again, this time in 1 day. Way too much driving and not enough sight-seeing. We saw all kinds of things that we want to do next time we head up that way.
We arrived Wednesday evening, had a huge dinner with one cousin and her family and called it a night. Thursday morning we discussed, at length, our options. If there ever was a time to dispense with the proper Persian manners and JUST DECIDE SOMETHING ALREADY!, this was it. Where is Aunt Ann when we need her?? Anyway... We ended up at OMSI, a very cool science center/museum for half of the day, then a late lunch and walk along the river, then a ride in a cool air tram over part of the city. Pie was such a brave soul to travel in the air tram. He conquered his fear of heights for a while to come with us. After that we had another huge dinner at another cousin's house.
We left early Friday morning and got home at bedtime. We spent Saturday with more cousins, this time close to home, and then Saturday night Pie, Pay and their dad left for Las Vegas, one more quick trip before Ghassem had to leave. Pie and Pay are home now, and as I said, life is back to normal.
Next time we go to Oregon we want to stop at the Wildlife Safari, the Portland Zoo and maybe a lunch with Ali's parents. And Mt. Shasta. And an Oregon beach. And Crater Lake... You get the idea. We just didn't have time this trip.
4 comments:
You can kill two birds with one stone. My parents are members of the Portland Zoo. I think they get a certain number of free admissions plus discounted tickets for others. I hope you make it back soon. We are all very excited for our beach trip in three weeks.
When you take your next (longer) trip up there, I want to go, Everything you want to do sounds fabulous.
Glad your laundry is manageable now.
How fun!
I hate spending half of vacation deciding what to do. Sheesh, I hate spending half of the evening deciding what to do!
I've never been to Portland, even though I lived in Oregon for 3 lovely months. Portland sounds like a lot more fun than Boardman or Hermiston.
I'm sure glad you are back. It was quiet and boring around here without you guys.
Con says: tb3n96u96u iii (Con wants you to come to the water park).d
'wti4 iu0
Post a Comment