Wednesday, August 29, 2007

If you had been eavsdropping this morning

you would have heard something like this:

(Please read everything in italics with a sassy, 3-year-old girl attitude)

Edie, playing at my feet with a Care Bear and a pony: Mom!

Me: What?

Edie: I wasn't talkin to you, Mom. The pony is talkin to her mama.

Me: Oh. Sorry.

Edie, about a minute later: Mom! ...... Mom!

Me: What?

Edie: NOT YOU MOM! The bear isn't listenin to her girl!

Me: Sorry.

Edie, about another minute later: Mom! ...... Mom! ...... MOM!

Me: WHAT??

(I bet you already know where this is going.)
Edie: How come you never listen to me???
Boo, hoo!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You need to post more of these. Hilarious!

chunkymonkey said...

Reminds me of a story about a little boy who cried wolf... She is hilarious, even with her sassy, yet very quiet, little voice.

Heather said...

Ha! That is great, I can totally see it happening!

The other day I heard EL tucking her bunnies into bed--wagging her finger at them and telling them, "No getting out of bed! I come check on you."

karin said...

I miss her so much! I think she deserves a present for this posting.
I just ignore my boys until they are tugging on my arms and legs trying to get me to give them licorice (their favorite treat these days).

Unknown said...

Oh, Ederriffic! So sassy.