Saturday, May 05, 2007

Take Me Out to the Ballgame

It's baseball season again. With both boys on teams, we spend most of our free time at the baseball field. Pie is coaching both teams, which is a bit time-consuming, but Drew and Dean both love having him out there with them.

Dean is in tee-ball, and has just hit a line drive in this photo. Good running, Dean!


Both Drew and Dean love to be the catcher. They don't do a whole lot of catching, but it requires extra gear, which is always fun.




I think Pie was saying something like "You gotta cover 3rd, Drew!"


Drew had 3 hits today, but I only got a picture of the strike out. Oops.


Edie loves hanging out at the park all day on Saturdays with the other little sisters of the players. She didn't like that I kept taking pictures of the boys and not her!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Those look like some awesome ball players! I can't believe Pie coaches both teams. Wow.

karin said...

I am so excited for everyone. What a great way to spend Saturdays. Do they have games Memorial weekend? Adam and Austin would love to watch (play with Edie) their games.

Anonymous said...

They look so cute in their baseball outfits. The girls got to play too in Albany. I was right field. Your Saturday was way better than mine. I worked on the attic all day.

Anonymous said...

Go Pie, he is in the running for Super Dad!

Looks like a lot of fun...I keep thinking I ought to sign Preston up, but I am totally clueless about sports and how they work and when/where to sign kids up.

chunkymonkey said...

Conrad loved watching Drew play the other day. I'm just sad that we got to Dean's game as the little guys were walking to the cars. I love that picture of Pie and Drew. It is so sweet. And the photos of Dean as catcher are fab!

Ann said...

Karin- No games Memorial weekend. But there might be one on a weeknight that you're here. I'll have to check the schedule.
Heather- When Preston starts kindergarten, you'll get lots of flyers sent home from the different leagues in town with their registration info. At least that's how it is here.

Tracey said...

The boys look adorable in their uniforms:) Edie looks happy to be outside too. I only wish we had more sunny CA days here in Iowa. Our last ballgame was overcast, cold and windy. That's great that Pie coaches BOTH teams!

shauni said...

I love these pictures. Your boys look so cute in their uniforms! That sounds like a great way to spend Saturdays.