Friday, March 17, 2006

Lucky

Lucky the Leprechaun visited our house last night. The boys woke up to find the sneaky little guy had made a big mess of green glittery stuff all over their room, and left a few treats, too.

We've never had a leprechaun at our house before, but last week in preschool, Dean made a magic wand (see photo #3) and his teacher said that if he used it, then a leprechaun would come to his house on St. Patrick's Day (Thanks a lot, Miss Cara!)



It turned out to be a very fun morning, even though we had to clean up that big mess!

On a slightly different note, I had a great morning, because of breakfast. My kids get Lucky Charms cereal once a year, on March 17th. They beg for it all the time, of course, but we usually stick with Cherrios and oatmeal and toast, things like that. A few years ago I started this little St. Patty's Day tradition, Drew loved it, and I was satisfied that they weren't totally deprived, but usually healthy.

This year, the boys were excited again for their special breakfast. But after eating all the marshmellows in his bowl, Dean said his tummy hurt and he didn't like Lucky Charms anymore. (hooray!) And after Drew had eaten about half of his, he said "I think I'm done. They look better on TV." (yippee!) I think I'll go throw away the rest of the box before Edie discovers them.

4 comments:

Heather said...

Ugh! The guilt- I am forever branded a bad mother now because we semi regualrly stock the cupboards with generic Lucky Charms and Fruit Loops!

Great Leprechaun thing though :)

Ann said...

Just so Heather doesn't think I'm a health freak:

We also regularly stop by Krispy Kreme for our "second breakfast". In fact, the drive thru guy knew our order (sprinkles for Dean, original glazed for me & Edie, and a large diet coke for me)and one day he said "You're here all the time. It's not good for you, you know." I was so embarassed that I had to stay away for a long time. We finally ventured back about a month ago. That drive thru guy no longer works there. :)

Ann said...

Just so Heather doesn't think I'm a health freak:

We also regularly stop by Krispy Kreme for our "second breakfast". In fact, the drive thru guy knew our order (sprinkles for Dean, original glazed for me & Edie, and a large diet coke for me)and one day he said "You're here all the time. It's not good for you, you know." I was so embarassed that I had to stay away for a long time. We finally ventured back about a month ago. That drive thru guy no longer works there. :)

Heather said...

hee hee, I do feel a little better now, I had that happen with the guy at the sonic drive thu. Every afternoon it seems we would drive over for our happy hour 1/2 price Dr. Pepper and Slushy. One day they knew my order too, when I go to the window they said they remembered me and I thought- oh NO, I come to often...maybe that explains all of PJ's dental issues (oh the guilt again!) :)